Comfortable Dentistry & Excellent Care
When you come to the office of Dr. Jeff S. Luffey, DDS, an Albuquerque, New Mexico family dentist, you’ll enjoy a comfortable, pain-free experience in our beautiful, state-of-the-art Albuquerque dental office. Dr. Luffey ensures that your experience is painless. As a family dentist, he loves working with children and is gentle when they need a dental checkup, filling or teeth cleaning.
Teeth cleanings are an important part of preventative dentistry. Dr. Luffey recommends patients schedule a dental check-up and teeth cleaning every 6 months. Teeth cleanings prevent gum disease that can lead to tooth loss if left untreated. Cleanings also give you a brighter, whiter smile and maintain overall dental health.
Comfortable Dental Care by a Gentle Family Dentist in Albuquerque, NM
Good oral hygiene is essential to protecting your mouth from infection and disease. Dentistry is certainly an area where an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. During your dental exam, Dr. Luffey and his experienced dental hygienists will perform the following:
- X-Rays: We use digital x-rays that are low in radiation and very precise. Dr. Luffey uses digital x-rays to spot any decay, tumors, cysts or bone loss.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Our dental hygienist carefully checks your gums and the bone around your teeth for periodontal disease, also called gum disease.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Dr. Luffey checks your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues and gums for signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of Tooth Decay: We will evaluate all tooth surfaces for signs of tooth decay.
- Examination of Restorations: We check your current dental fillings, porcelain crowns and any other dental restorations to ensure they are in top shape and performing well.
Dental Checkups & Cleanings
By scheduling regular dental checkups and teeth cleanings with our Albuquerque family dentist, you prevent small problems like tooth pain from becoming serious dental problems that require restorative treatments. Dr. Luffey and his dental hygienists not only clean your teeth at our Albuquerque dental office, but also give you the tools you need to perform routine dental hygiene at home. This is especially important for children, who need to learn good oral hygiene habits early to prevent dental problems later in life.